Dear Krasi Dimtch (Krasimira Dimtchevska),
Each year LACDA invites carefully selected individuals to be Member Artists. You have been curated in!
We would be delighted to have you to join as a member—please pursue the benefits of doing so below.
The Los Angeles Center for Digital Art has accomplished incredible things over the last twelve years, including over 175 exhibits at LACDA alone. Notable artists have appeared—John Baldessari, Gronk, Mark Mothersbaugh, Joel-Peter Witkin, Dennis Hopper, Matthew Barney, Richard Prince, and Marina Ambromavic amongst others.
In the past year numerous member artists received solo exhibitions and countless others were in group shows, media room and window video exhibits as well as being juried in as winners for our program of competitions. Many member videos were screened at the Downtown Film Festival L.A. In 2016 a number of member artists were featured in the "Museums and the Web" conference exhibit initiative curated by Rex Bruce, the opening reception for this was at the amazing Broad Museum in downtown Los Angeles.
We have collaborated with the Broad Museum, Museums and the Web, Guggenheim Gallery, Pompidou Center, iotaCenter, California Museum of Photography, Dance Camera West, Downtown Film Festival L.A., Orange County Center for Contemporary Art, Silverlake Film Festival, Riverside Museum, Grammy Museum, Venice Bienalle, Skylight Projects New York, Scope L.A., MoCA, LACMA, The Davis Museum, Red Dot Miami, PhotoLA and PhotoSF. We’ve seen reviews in Artillery, Coagula, Fabrik, L.A. Times, L.A. Weekly, Art Week, THE Magazine, D’Art, ArtWeek.LA and Art Forum, to name a few.
We want to continue your association with LACDA and the dynamic programming at our Fourth Street location now in its third year. LACDA member artists are selected by invitation only. Benefits of being a member artist include:
• Guaranteed exhibition in one group show per year:
No waiting for this, our exciting members exhibit opens Thursday, April 13 and will have its opening on Saturday April 15. We have begun Saturday openings for certain events as it draws a great core art crowd that differs from the more “civic minded’ orientation of the Art Walk. Thursday evening will be touted as the “Art Walk Preview.” This large show occupies all four spaces and all window displays at LACDA. We will create your print for you (up to 44”x36”, $140 value)—great for out of town artists or those with a time crunch (simply upload your file). Screen your video (just upload the file), or get us your ready to show art. Sign up and exhibit your work!
• Presence on our web site with a gallery of your images:
Your member page appears in Internet searches for your name and is associated with our activities (i.e. our formidable array of top collaborators and associates). Huge numbers of web surfers visit our site as well as curators and press. The vast majority of institutions we have worked with found us on the web. Let them find you too!
• Free participation in one competition per year ($35 value).
• Special consideration for themed group exhibits. We curate from our members pages.
• Discount on printing for local pick ups on luster, semimatte or gloss. That is $10/sq. ft.!
• Solo exhibits will be selected exclusively from our Member Artists roster.
• Use us on your C.V. You are represented by Los Angeles Center for Digital Art.
• Build your exhibition history, at least one exhibit every year at LACDA (Members Show).
• Proof of exhibition provided by LACDA on request, great for academics and others required to show.
• List yourself as an LACDA member artist on your resume.
• Announce accomplishments or shows in our extensive social media with a current reach of over 100,000 users. (exclusive to members and lacda/rexbruce events and info)
• Let our buyers and outside curators peruse your work online in our Member Artists Gallery.